The International Summit on the Teaching Profession
Opetus- ja kulttuuriministeriö
From 14-15 March 2019, Finland hosted the 9th International Summit on the Teaching Profession (ISTP) in Helsinki, Finland. The Summit was jointly organised by the Ministry of Education and Culture of Finland, the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) and Education International (EI).
Since its inaugural edition in 2011, the ISTP has become an unique forum for open and constructive exchange on effective teacher policies and practice. Following the previous editions, the 2019 ISTP brings together ministers and union leaders from countries and regions with high-performing or rapidly improving school systems, as defined by the results of the most recent Programme for International Student Assessment (PISA). The 9th ISTP also offered a series of optional Pre-Summit events 13 March. Se the links below for further information.
Country commitments of 2019
- Olli-Pekka Heinonen: Whats cooking? Recent developments in the Finnish education system
- Early Childhood education and care in Kilo daycare center
- Kasavuori Secondary School: Dream School - a community for growth
- Kilo School presentation
- Viikki Teacher Training School
Visit to the Luma Centre
- Maija Aksela: How to engage children av youth win science?
- Juha Oikkonen: Pulmaario-model - Science Education in Mathematics and Statistics
Slides from the opening session 14 March
- Mr Andreas Schleicher, Director for Education and Skills, OECD
- Mr Anthony Mackay (Moderator)
- Mr John Bangs, senior Consultant, Education International
- OECD: Helping our Youngest to Learn and Grow: Policies for Early Learning
- The Future of Teaching and Learning: A Briefing by Education International
- Thoughts on the 2019 International Summit of the Teaching Profession – Andreas Schleicher
- For Worlds of Education and the ISTP – David Edwards